Counter-culture Journals (文革)

Counter-culture Journals (文革)

Friday, October 10, 2008

“I am”: Poetry Corner revisited

For those who can’t read Khmer letters

Yes it’s time for another poem that no one understands. If it made a lot of sense and had the ability to move you and make you feel something, it just wouldn’t make Poetry Corner. This is my new attempt at Khmer poems, written in a language I barely understand. But I’m learning. See the end for an explanation



The translations says
I Am
I am a revolutionary
I am a communist
I am a revolutionary communist
I am (I lost the tralation to the next revolutionary thing, probably worker, but I'm not sure.)
I am a Leninist
Printing it in a foreign language made it interesting.
Otherwise it would be just another dull poem.









No comments: